Saturday, March 19, 2016

Yoga Diary, Day 5


What an awesome yoga day it was! Day One of the Angamardana programming conducted by the Isha Yoga centre. It started off pretty simple, hand stretching and what not and kept escalating to a great momentum. By the end of it I was fatigued, body aching in places I didn't know existed but thoroughly satisfied. This is the perfect definition of a workout.

The session was for four hours where they teach you 7 standing, 7 sitting/squatting and two lying down poses. The focus is on learning the pose and holding the pose. It wasn't about repetitions or cardio but keeping a pose for longer, doing it slowly in order to really work the parts out.

My back is hurting a little bit now but don't think it was the yoga. Some of the squats and jumps were killer but what's the point if you don't flex and stretch? This was also a great eye opener on how inflexible I have become and how afraid I am to move my body in different ways. It's almost like I'm anticipating a muscle catch or I feel I can't do it. This is a good way for me to let go of these fears and inhibitions and really jump right in.

Go Yoga Power!!

No comments: